You rely on your garage door to keep your family and your home safe from potential threats. It is important you keep your system up-to-date and that you are aware of the dangers of your equipment. When our technicians come to your address to do a safety inspection, they will make sure the warning labels are in place and clearly marked.
WHERE SHOULD WARNING LABELS APPEAR ON YOUR GARAGE DOOR?
The Door & Access Systems Manufacturers Association has mandated warning labels be placed and there are several areas on your doors they can be placed. You should have these labels:
Garage Door Safety Label
This label is placed at eye level on the back of the door so you can read it easily. It is a label that will give information about staying safe while operating the garage door. Some instructions may read:
● Only garage door professionals should make repairs to your door
● Do not remove the label
● Do not let young children operate the door
● You should visually inspect door hardware on a regular basis
● Test safety features at least every month
● When the door is in operation, do not walk under or stand near it
● A moving door can cause serious injury or death
Bottom Bracket Safety Label
This informational warning label should be on the bottom bracket of your garage door. It should give these warning:
● Use caution as the bottom bracket is under extreme tension
● Do not remove, repair, or adjust any parts of the brackets that are attached to cables or springs
● Always have a trained professional make repairs
● If the label gets damaged, replace it
● Do not remove or paint over the label
Spring Safety Label
Since garage doors are under a lot of tension, they can be dangerous to homeowners, and especially children. If the tension in the garage door breaks, it can cause serious injury to you or damage to your property. This label will instruct:
● Tension springs can lead to serious injury or death
● Do not attempt to repair, remove, or adjust parts (i.e. wood blocks, red colored fasteners, steel brackets, or cables)
● Call a trained professional to make all repairs
● Do not remove or paint over label
CALL A PROFESSIONAL TO MAKE REPAIRS
As noted, you will see the importance of having your warning labels posted and visible. It is important that you call us if you see something that needs our attention and we can make the repairs immediately. We can send a trained professional to your address right away.
CALL US TODAY TO DO AN INSPECTION
Here at Starlite Garage Doors, it is our goal to assist you any time to need garage door repair. As part of our inspection, we will check all your labels and replace them if they need it. The safety of you and your family is important to us. That is why we will send an experienced technician out who will do a full inspection and make the right recommendations. Call us today and let us help you.